Biyernes, Hunyo 20, 2014

Inferno's Canto 143

After reading Dan Brown's Inferno and also the classic Inferno of Dante Alighieri, its a shame if i wont give my deepest gratitude to both of these superb writers. So here is a poem that basically turns the horrifying scenes of Inferno into a long journey towards a long lost love of Dante; Beatrice ( why do awesome writers have to suffer so much!?)

"Love, which quickly arrests the gentle heart,Seized him with my beautiful formThat was taken from me, in a manner which still grieves me.

I took the path towards the dark night
Into a place where soul is never beyond
the light
Underneath the pallid land
Where stars aren’t born in the sky

Here in this journey
To seek my beloved Beatrice
And find a cure for humanity
I went down to Inferno

My sight are seared
And my soul is singed
Not with the flames of hell
But because of man’s sins

But my heart still ails for Beatrice
Even if the dark night of my soul
Is upon me
We might dwell in an ethereal plane
But my love for you is still concrete and real

And so my journey will never end
Though I saw terrifying fiends
In the devil ditch of this hell
I will still coming for you my dear

For I believe there is Paradise
And tonight is the beginning of
Forever
Now that I see at the end of the path
A night sky shone brighter than any other star.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento